The first phase of the chocolate feast for the senses has finally arrived! Sensory delights, based on the cacao fruit of South America, are now available in mini sample sizes and truffle box sets.
Revered as a love elixir, among other things, these chocolate creamy unguents feel decadent and luxurious to put on the skin. The chocolate base is completely botanical, made with Scharffen Berger 99% cacao, cocoa butter, organic cocoa powder and theobroma cacao extract from South America.
There is also beeswax, jojoba seed oil, my own infused vital plant materials and botanical fragrance. The aroma of each one varies, in some the chocolate appears as a top note while in others the fragrance of the accord is dominant with the chocolate making an appearance at the base.
Here are some interesting facts about chocolate that relate specifically to the new perfumes:
- Studies show that the aroma of chocolate may increase theta waves in the brain and thus relax you.
- Cocoa butter contains oleic acid, a fat also found in olive oil attributed with raising good cholesterol levels.
- The Aromacology Patch Ltd in the UK have concluded that the smell of chocolate can reduce the craving for the the substance and other sugary treats.
- Chocolate contains protein, riboflavin, iron and minerals.
- The skin is the largest organ of the body is absorbs nutrients.
- A Study as Harvard University shows that men who consume chocolate live longer.
These solid natural perfume treats will make an appearance in sets. The first collection includes:
Figure 1: Noir
Like it's edible counterpart this chocolate is deep, dark and mysterious with a strong musk note.
Figure 2: Cerise
Succulent cherry weaved with a base of rich chocolate.
Figure 3: La Forêt
A dense conifer forest meets an ocean of chocolate.
Figure 4: L'Orangerie
Mouth watering citrus in a base of rich chocolate. Please note this perfume is VERY fleeting.
Figure 5: Bois de Chocolat
Smokey woods and chocolate.
Figure 6: Épices
Spice, a hint of vanilla and chocolate.
For the aromatic component of each of these I created an accord of essential oils, Co2 extracts and absolutes. La Forêt features primarily essences from the conifer family, L'Orangerie from the citrus family, etc. Some of the perfumes are like soliflores with chocolate, one main aromatic note weaved with cacao. Stay tuned for the next series of sets as I release them over the next couple of months. I can't wait to hear which are your favorites.
Find these chocolate olfactory delights here the Illuminated Perfume shop on Etsy.