One of our favorite foods discovered in Ecuador is their Locro. Locro is a soup made with Ecuadorian potatoes which are yellow, cheese and fresh avocado. In Argentina we have a version of Locro but it is more like a stew, made with corn and meat instead of the Ecuadorian vegetarian version.
Here is a recipe which I adapted from Whats4Eats.com
- Oil or butter - 1/4 cup
- Onion, minced - 1/2
- Garlic, minced - 3-4 cloves
- Potatoes, peeled and diced - 1 1/2 to 2 pounds
- Water or stock - 4 cups
- Milk - 1 cup
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Muenster, queso fresco or mozzarella cheese, cut into pieces or shredded - 1 cup
- Fresh avocado, peeled and sliced length-wise- 1 to 2
In the soup bowl place some of the cheese in the bottom of the bowl and ladle the soup on top.
Then arrange fresh cut slices of avocado on top.
That recipe is a dream! I love ALL those ingredients- especially cheese & avocado! Can't wait until my kitchen is done to make that dish. Thanks for sharing Roxana!
This is really yummy. Please let me know how it turns out for you and if you make any alterations to it.
Post a Comment