Four years ago on this day the journal, the website and Vera were launched at the Ojai Lavender Festival. It has been an interesting and wild ride, very much like the childrens book The Wind and the Willows. "Alternately slow moving and fast paced" is how Wikipedia describes the novel with a "mixture of mysticism, adventure, morality, and camaraderie." All this and more can be applied to the last four years of illuminating the world with the how, what, when, where and why of botanical perfume.
To mark the occasion I have some festivities planned which include some play and gifts for the next week as we wind ourselves to the release of the new Bee inspired natural perfume.
The first part of the celebration is a free sample of the Vera natural solid in any order of $25 or over (not including tax or shipping). This is in addition to any other free sample that may be part of your order.
For the second part of the festivities I will be giving away Vera perfume related gifts to four lucky winners. If you are one of the lucky winners you can choose from these prizes:
- 1 gram vial of Vera liquid
- Honey bee pot of Vera solid
- A brand new mini compact with a tin of Vera solid (Pictured below, this is assuming they arrive. My supplier has been a major flake since last November!)
There are several ways to enter:
(1) Leave a comment of this blog post and tell me what new product or fragrance you would like to see manifest, ONE entry.
(2) Any purchase of $25 as of June 15th, will receive ONE entry. If your entry is for $50 that will count as TWO, if $75 that will count as THREE, etc.
(3) Review one of your favorite Illuminated Perfumes on Make Up Alley, Perfume of Life or another major perfume forum (THREE entries per each review). Reviews must be dated June 15, 2011 or there after. Please email me the link to confirm: roxana
(4) Follow this journal, my tweets or the Roxana Illuminated Perfume facebook fanpage and you will receive ONE entry per each one. If you already are a follower please let me know.
(5) Tweet this celebration on Twitter with a link to to this post and you will receive ONE entry.
(6) Mention this celebration on your blog with a link to to this post and you will receive ONE entry. Please email me the link to confirm: roxana
(7) Mention tthis celebration on Facebook with a link to to this post and you will receive ONE entry. Please email me the link to confirm: roxana
(8) Answer any of these questions by sending an to e-mail: roxana
a. What other flash animation appeared on the front page of the Illuminated Perfume website other than the one which is currently featured? TWO entries for a correct answer.
b. What are the names of my favorite perfumes? ONE entry for a correct answer.
c. Which fragrance blog or publication was the first to mention Roxana Illuminated Perfume? ONE entry for a correct answer.
The fine print...
1. The deadline for entering is June 26, 2011, at 10 pm (PST).
2. Entries will be placed into a random drawing and announced on this blog, twitter and facebook.
Thank you for your support over the years!