Blue, that sky hue between violet and green that appears to be the most favored by most humans can span quite a range. What I have referred to as purple others have asserted is blue, while when I have referred to a color as blue someone else will cross their arms and proclaim purple! It's a bit like scent and likely due to a combination of our upbringing, unique perspectives and the way our eyes perceive.
" ... White butterflies are very lucky when seen, while brown ones are unlucky. If a yellow butterfly flies over a coffin, the soul has passed safely to the Otherworld. A blue butterfly signifies that the deceased was a healer. A white butterfly signifies a good person, a dark butterfly a bad person. Butterflies represent transformation and must never be killed."
"La Dame Blanche is a voluptuous green floral with a heart of rose, jasmine and tuberose. There is a tincture of sapphires and horse hair, amber and wood. It was blended and released on Samhain 2014 and it is as complex, mysterious and voluptuous as the Sorciere herself. It's a gorgeous perfume and the beauty of it is that it doesn't quite make sense...You will constantly be trying to decipher it's secrets."
~ Beth Schreibman Gehring
Find more Pantone Color Posts here at the Journal
1. Blue Velvet Couch, unknown, via Pinterest
2. Finger Fade Dip Dye by Britt Browne, from Growing Up Indigo.blogspot
3. Color Palette by Roxana Villa
4. Roxana Villa photo by Rebecca Fishman
5. Blue Morpho by Roxana Villa, Santa Fe Perfumery
6. Mystic Current by Greg Spalenka
7. La Dame Blanche Apothecary Drawer by Roxana Villa, Santa Fe Perfumery