After listening to a very magical story about the relationship between the Amanita muscaria mushroom, reindeer and Santa Claus by Paul Stamets I decided to make a Mushroom perfume.
In plant fragrance making we use a mushroom absolute, sometimes referred to as Cepes (Boletus Edulis), that provides a wonderful earthy, base note. This is one of my personal favorite materials to work with, a tiny amount adds depth and a mossy, dirty, vegetative quality to chords and perfumes.
The absolute is obtained by the solvent extraction of the Boletus edulis, a mushroom which is most often found growing under conifers, like the Amanita muscaria.
I have created a 1st edition, limited quantity of the fragrance that you all have the opportunity to win in this giveaway.
TO ENTER (US only -or- you pay shipping), two options:
Via Instagram -> Go here
- Watch the Paul Stamets video (below) and/or Joe Rogan, then share an aspect of the story of the Amanita muscaria & Santa Claus in the comments
- Follow @illuminatedperfume
- Like the image
For extra entries:
- Tag a friend and/or friends
- Tag more friends in additional comments for extra entries
- Share this post in your stories tagging @illuminatedperfume so we can see it, your account must be set as public so we can see it.
Via Non-Instagram ->
- Watch the Paul Stamets video (link above) and/or the one with Joe Rogan and email me with a comment about the story
- In the email, recommend a name for the new fragrance
One randomly selected Winner will be chosen on January 12th, the Twelfth Night, by “the randomizer"
When the perfume formerly debuts I will donate a portion of the profits to Fantastic Fungi
Thank you in advance for your participation and sharing the love & magic!!
This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram or Fantastic Fungi